Tuesday 26 March 2013

Support needed

It is countdown time and I am officially in panic mode! Until the Bath Half I was going great guns with the training and had clocked up nearly 300 miles. But since then I have barely managed 30 miles. My knees are causing me all sorts of issues and costing me a fortune in physio, peas and a silver lined (healing properties apparently) full knee support!

Since the weekend though I have been back running. Baby steps of 2 miles on saturday followed by 5 miles last night and I am delighted to announce that my right knee seems happy. Sadly the left is now feeling unloved and has started to niggle so I am wearing the support much of the time. Like attention seeking siblings I feel like knocking my knees together but it appears that this was the problem in the first place. I am seriously considering drawing a happy and sad face on my knee when I run London - surely this has got to be a pound of two? If you can't beat them join them!

So with the crucial third month being lost to injury I am now in panic mode. Having spent the first few months of the year longing for April, the warm weather and the beginning of taper (2 weeks of officially being allowed to "kick back") I am now dreading the arrival of the Fools Day! My quandry is how much I should run. My last long run was 10th March (6 weeks prior to the marathon) and 5 miles nearly killed me last night - I was so out of breath. If I do too much I risk injuring my knee again, but if I do nothing I risk not completeing the course! Only 26 days and I will know whether I made the right choice and my every waking hour (and insomnia induced waking hour) is consumed with this dilema! #Iamarunningbore!

But on a positive note I have now organised the quiz night (the Friday before the marathon - milking the Friday night drinkers for all they are worth) although the charity ball is still under debate due to the number of bedrooms we have commit to (38!).




No comments:

Post a Comment