Friday 1 February 2013

Copper-bottomed

So very excited when I arrived home yesterday to see a parcel on my desk.... it was my long awaited take-away coffee cups (for relevance see previous post here). Now once upon a time (in fact only 31 days ago - is it really only 31 days?) this would barely raised a smile, let alone manic jumping up and down, however it appears my world (and sanity) has been turned upside down by fundraising fever.

So this evening once the kids were fed, I run up the stairs two at a time (my marathon training means I managed this without getting out of breath), raring to get the printer revving into action to spit out the hot pink labels to adorn the lovely, but currently plain, cups. But as predictable as "You've been framed" can you guess what happened next? Yep the printer was out of ink. Grrr. However someone was on my side as we actually had a spare sitting on the side. I can honestly say we have NEVER before had a spare and I suspect it will never happen again, and so I have decided to see this as a sign that my copper cups are destined to be brought alive with some hot pink.

A few hours later and the labels have printed and adhered and lids now have money slits cut. Well 25 out of 100 have been created but it is a start. I am so genuinely proud of my Blue Peter sticky back plastic action and really love my novel fundraising idea. But with a career in marketing I think I have a few creative ideas now and again although I am not sure the creatives would agree... heaven knows what they'd say if they knew I own a scalpel and spray mount!

Want a sneak preview?

Aren't they the cutest and most beautiful fundraising recepticals ever? Now I just need to find them good generous homes. I have only had 3requests so far from people who have a mighty vision and are clearly the innovators amongst my friends (Daddy Wolf, Fav cuz and lush bestie) but that means there are 97 still available to any early adoptors who, having now seen the fancy design, would rather like a receptical to house their ugly tarnished coins, annoyingly small 5ps, funny shaped 20 and 50s, gold (so last years colour!) or screwed up paper containing the queens head.

Roll up roll up - request a copper cup and get your friends, family, colleagues and even strangers emptying their pockets of lose change all in aid of a fantastic cause. And don't forget down the back of the sofa!

PS The lovely people from Breast Cancer Care dropped me an email today which has really encouraged me and I thought I would share it with you all. It is easy to imagine that £5000 to a national charity would barely raise a blink and it was refreshing to receive such a warm and genuinely appreciative email. Dig deep folks!

It’s lovely to hear from you.  I’ve just been reading your blog – it’s brilliant.  I love the layout, the content and especially the pink pennies!

We are so excited about your fundraising.  £10,000 is a huge amount of money and we are really pleased that Breast Cancer Care will be receiving half of what you raise.  £5000 will make a massive difference in enabling us to continue being there for anyone affected by breast cancer.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment