Monday 18 February 2013

15 miles of grey

After the desperation I felt yesterday following my 15 mile run and having very little left in me (certainly not another 11 miles) today was a good day! Having woken with a heavy heart that simply wanted to throw in the marathon towel I was struggling to even see the logic. I know I am more than half way through, that I have not (so far and touch wood) experienced injury or set backs and that I only have another 5 long runs left before the big day but I just couldn't shake my grey cloud which focussed on my 30 mile minimum weekly mileage and screamed I WANT MY WEEKENDS BACK!

However, having limped into work I caught up with the Head of People and Environment (HOPE!) and was delighted that the talent evening I proposed last week has been given the green light. I am so excited that we can have a fun night at the local pub and really showcase some of the talent (or lack of talent) we have. I am thinking maybe some accoustic singing, a fancy performance of Beyonce's "Single Ladies" (check out the video and the aspirational thighs here), a "Morecombe and Wise" comedy duo or maybe a couple of rounds of Radio 4s "Just a minute". Whatever gets showcased it is bound to be fun and help raise some great funds for the onemillionpence charities which is great. Grey cloud was beginning to be blown away....

But it gets better - later in the day it was announced at the company meeting that for every penny a TMPer donates, the company will match it (up to a phenomenal total of £1000)! That is such a huge amount that I am so thankful and grateful for. It has given me the lift I needed and suddenly the pain becomes worth it and my commitment and determination comes back with a vengance.

And it gets better still; I have received the amazing news that my lovely sis-in-laws chemo is actually doing its job and the bugger is being blown away all thanks to some amazing doctors and nurses, lashings of positive thinking and some fantastic medicine combos.

So note to self: "Always look at the bright side of life!"

Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment