Tuesday 8 January 2013

Size DOES matter...


It's official... yesterday I became the proud recipient of the BIGGEST parcel ever... HR even took a picture of the box to excite me until I got home. Check out its proportions - it only just cleared the roof.
Honestly no word of a lie it was as large as a single bed (our 7 year old wants to keep it for a den) and it contained my lovely new shiny treadmill. So guess what we spent a few hours doing last night? Yep setting the puppy up – a few nuts and bolts, a smattering of swearing and a kick or two was all it took between the facilities manager and myself before the beast was ready. I can now train come rain or shine, day or night, babysitter or not. Let’s hope I use it as much as I had promised procurement (it will not become an expensive clothes rack, it will not become an expensive clothes rack, it will not....).


However I confess all: in true female form I might have upgraded the model bought at the last minute (I didn't think Iogstics would notice but it seems I was wrong). What was the rationale for the upgrade? Well I could talk of the additional programmes, increased incline, larger run bed but, I can't lie, it has speakers and MP3 adapter. Who could resist such gadgetery?
So this evening I excitedly popped my training gear on and entered what is going to become my second home: the garage. My lovely new shiny toy awaited its virgin voyage and to ensure I was suitably focussed and motivated coach pinned inspiring images at eye level.

If you can't work it out they are colour print outs of the London marathon to keep me focussed. I think this might have been a joke and it had the appropriate response... I couldn't help giggle and think what a great team I have behind me. This is absolutely a team effort; my coach is the best (facilities manager, procurement and logistics aren't too bad either)!

5 weeks down 15 to go gulp!

No comments:

Post a Comment