Friday 18 January 2013

With friends like these...


After my unexpected high of achieving 10 miles last weekend - I had no idea that getting into double figures would give me such a sense of achievement. Until now every long run was just met with me doing the mental arithmetic causing mass huffing and puffing about the mountain ahead (26 miles less 9 miles = 16 MILES WTF!)

Anyway as I was saying, after my unexpected high of achieving 10 miles last weekend I was amazed and touched to find the following on my desk Monday morning (and it is Gluten Free too!). Thanks Kate.

The power and immediacy of the internet has enabled the 1,000,000 pence pledge to swiftly be absorbed and, hopefully, enjoyed. This has created an unexpected and most appreciated tidalwave of support, questions of my sanity and general love. I am amazed that my most popular post (Size does matter... I wonder what people were expecting with that gem!) has received 84 views. Now I know that for most people that is a very small number but to me I find it overwhelming that I have generated so much interest in just 18 days... how I hope this trend continues.

It is also thanks to the wonder of the interweb all my friends, family and colleagues are being kept (whether they like it or not) up-to-date on my progress via Facebook. As I have mentioned before this keeps me focussed and stops me from dropping training sessions as I am under the, probably deluded, impression that my friends are actually keeping tabs. Someone commented not long ago that I am the equivalent of a diet angel; every time they go to eat a pork pie / slice of cake / cheese board they do the Facebook check and immediately get faced with yet another Smug Map My Run posting from me forcing them to replace fattening food item and go in search of something far healthier. Maybe I am on to something. Forget excruciatingly, humiliating public weigh ins and just "Like" me and I can guilt you into eating better...

Sign up TODAY and pay £5.99 for the rest of your life and get access to your very own personal Diet Angel.

Dragons Den QVC here I come.

Now if you are struggling with the January diet please don't hate me but I am scoffing for England! Now that isn't because I am the size of a flea or because I am one of those hateful people who "can eat anything" but because all (and I mean ALL) the training manuals, books and experts underline the importance of not losing weight during marathon training. For those of you that know me, it is rare that I actually listen to (or indeed seek) advice but on this occasion I realise that EATING EVERYTHING IN SIGHT is good with me and advice I ought heed... What are the chances of me becoming the world’s first Marathonite to actually put on weight!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment