Friday 11 January 2013

More cheese!

Another day and another "short run" (6 miles). I am actually beginning to find these 6 milers relatively OK... I am not aching all day and am therefore able to continue with "business as usual" once showered and dressed which is great progression (in fact getting dressed rather than wearing a onesie is progress). A little daunted about the prospect of 10 miles tomorrow but I am sure the magic shoes will carry me around.

As I clock up more miles I am realising the importance of music on my pace. It is now that I wish more than ever that I had amazing taste in music and could therefore share a list of amazingly "fab" songs which would epitomise me as the queen of all things cool... however for those that know me I am more the queen of cheese! So, without further embarrassment, explanation or justification I am coming out. Here is my cool wall of running toooons (click the pink words to link to the You Tube video):

  • My all time favourite it has to be S Club Party, seriously once your laughter dies down try listening to the track without doing the "S" move with your finger!
  • My close second is Olly Murs’ Dance with Me Tonight. Fab beat and instantly reminds me of my son, all his friends and his teacher and their morning wake up shake up routine... and there goes another 3 minute and 22 seconds (just over 1/3 mile).
The next few are in no particular order but as with the two above I have added links for your own pleasure!
  • I like to move it move it ...Madagascar version obviously; visualising dancing cartoon animals definitely gets your mood up and feet pounding. 
  • Jai Ho ...brilliant for the hills. Naturally it has to be the Peter Kay Children in Need version. If you haven’t watched this you MUST. Who can't resist Paddington Bear on the electric guitar, Wendy (together with her bit on the side Bob the Builder), Fifi Flowerpot, Fireman Sam, Thomas the Tank Engine, Postman Pat (Note: Emily Charlie will love it!), Iggle Piggle, Sooty and Sweep and many more kids favourites rocking out to a medley of tunes. 
  • Biology ...You can’t mistake my biology!
  • Big Girls...Big girls you ARE beautiful  
  • Chasing Pavements...The lyrics mean a different thing when your feet are pounding the streets (Should I give up, Or should I just keep chasin' pavements? Even if it leads nowhere)
  • Do you thing ... another corker in my opinion gotta love Basement Jaxx
  • Alphabeat's Fascination... listen to it and you will certainly remember it. Cheese tastic!
  • Psy Gangnam Style... I try not to Gangham Style dance whilst running cos I get odd looks when I do especially when I fall over (not that I admit to that of course)
  • Girls, Sugababes... It reminds me of Boots and the fact I really ought go stock up on Vaseline, anti blister plasters and other such delightful products!
  • Mr Brightside, The Killers... rather left field for me but love it!
  • Praise you, Fatboy slim... the original flash mob 
  • Rock your body, JustinTimberlake... my besties and I love this and it reminds us of some fab times in our twenties pre children
  • Sexy and I know it ... I try not to sing out loud to this one especially past the pensioners (the video link listed even comes up with an "inappropriate content" warning!)
  • Beyonce’s Single Ladies... check out her thighs in the video link. It's enough to get me training hard in the hope that maybe one day I might have similar limbs!
  • Wham Rap... seriously am I the only one that doesn’t know all the lyrics?
  • What makes you so beautiful, One Direction... see I am down with the kids! How scary is it that I am old enough to be their mother!
So there you have it, my cheese ball running chart. Hope you enjoyed this as much as I have.
One more cheese themed nugget...

Q: What cheese do you use to get a bear down a mountain?
A: Cam-on-bear (Camembert!... get it?)




1 comment:

  1. Absolutely wetting myself with laughter and think my cheese-ometer is on parr with yours!! Keep them coming. I will donate at some point my lovely.xx

    ReplyDelete