Friday 4 January 2013

Zone in and out and in and out

Another day another run. Just a mere 6 miles today but it felt really good and I could have carried on. As usual the first mile was the hardest but miles 2 - 6 flew by! It appears I have found the "zone" that they speak of. The combination of beat bopping, camp music to keep the legs moving, and free brain space to unleash ideas of how in 361 days I can raise a staggering, but slowly reducing £9,940 (thanks Jo for my third donation) just seemed to make the miles pass in a blur (less blur and more slight haze considering the speed I plod at.)

So today I gave some more thought to the charity ball idea and ways in which I can subtly (and not so subtly) draw pennies and pounds from pockets. I am hoping a certain family member (and professional chocolatier) might consider making after dinner chocs (as tempting tasters) which might lead tipsy diners to part with £10-15 for a full box of chocs to take home. Assuming we have 100 - 150 guests I figure 50 would buy a box so that is £500-£750 in an instant. What do you think?

But I need to get myself in check. First things first: when and where. From here the rest will follow. So my task for the next fortnight is to agree location (Oxford is most obvious) and begin to draw up a short list of potential venues which I aim to approach before end of the month. I am also hoping that another family member (and charity ball organising connoisseur) might be able to give me friendly tips (and time seeing as he is retired and has lots of time on his hands - albeit poolside in Portugal most of the time!). Once this is nailed I can begin to put the rest into action. Watch this space...

As always any ideas , inspiration, support and suggestions welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment