Monday 8 July 2013

I'm back...

I'm bigger (too many pies) and sadly not better but I am back in the training regime. It has been a good few months since the marathon and my life too quickly reverted to life pre training. Too many "empty" calories and not nearly enough exercise have left my saddlebags very happy little puppies but the fight is on to work them away and get back on the training treadmill. My bikini will thank me come August and my legs will thank me when I attempt my second half marathon in October. Considering this time last year the furthest I had ever ran was 3 miles TOTAL even I can see what an achievement this is.

So today I went for an easy 3 mile run. Luckily I could still remember how to run but made some basic rookie errors; pre run toilet being the main one! So what I had intended to be a 3.5 mile run ended a little sooner as I had to return  before nature caught me out.

What amazed me most during that short run was how the seasons have so dramatically changed since I was last training. Now the Summer has FINALLY arrived the heat really took its toll; I was used to temperatures at least 15 degrees cooler and quickly realised how much I am a creature of the cold. And rape seed - who knew how bad it smelt? I often get a whiff whilst driving but it is gone in seconds but try running past it. It really is a repulsive stale smell which goes on and on and on... but is a great reason to sprint!

Now back to the fundraising - I am at the 5K mark which is half way. A long way to go but as I am learning through my new "hobby" nothing worth doing comes fast. The most exciting update is that the Charity ball is beginning to take shape and matured into a far more exciting, affordable and "me" Pop up Party. Details to be confirmed but current plan is a marquee in Little Coxwell, £25 ish per ticket, bring your own picnic and booze (although picnic hampers will be available at a cost and a gin bar will be up and running to help yourself in return for generous donations). Raffle and auction prizes will now need to be fixed so all of you who have offered help - a job list will be winging its way. Sound exciting? Hope you can make it - 21st September (TBC!)!

1 comment: